Dr Reshma Y Nikam
Dr Reshma Y Nikam
MBBS FRACP DCH (LONDON) FCPS
- General Paediatrics
- Neonatal & Perinatal Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Community & Child Health
Dr Reshma Y Nikam is a highly specialised physician who has extensive training in dealing with children with complex health needs. Dr Reshma Nikam is a General Paediatrician who is dedicated to providing children and their families with personal, high quality medical care and accessible support services within a nurturing environment.
- Reshma Y Nikam provides consultations at Norwest, Sydney Adventist Hospital and Liverpool
- Global experience from renowned institutions in India (Pune University), United Kingdom(Oxford) and Australia( The Children’s Hospital at Westmead)
- Has publication in international journals
- Has been involved in Paediatric research and clinical audits
She has a holistic approach with a focus on family well-being and welfare. She is friendly and believes in teamwork to help cater to the patient needs.
The Person Behind the Doctor
Outside of work commitments, Reshma enjoys time with her family. She loves gardening and reading. She is a member of Child Relief and You (CRY), a non-profit organisation in India which works towards the upliftment of underprivileged children across supported child welfare projects.
- Special interest in newborn care, growth and development
- Competent in the assessment and management of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Feeding and sleep issues
- Paediatric allergies and asthma
What do Reshma’s qualifications mean?
Bachelor Science (Medicine), Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery ( MBBS) – Reshma obtained her undergraduate degree in Medicine from Pune University, India where she ranked 1st in medical school and 3rd in University
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians ( FRACP)– This is a Australian specialist training qualification, allowing Reshma to practice as a specialist Paediatrician. Reshma completed her speciality training from The Children’s Hospital at Westmead.
Diploma in Child Health(DCH)- This is a specialist training qualification which Reshma obtained in the United Kingdom whilst gaining experience in renowned institutions at Oxford and London.
Fellow of the College of Physicians and Surgeons ( FCPS)- This is a specialist training qualification that credentials Reshma to practice as a specialist in India. It is an intense 3-year specialist resident program in Paediatrics and Neonatology which Reshma completed in a tertiary level hospital.