Fertility Specialist & Gynaecological Surgeon
Associate Professor Warren SW Chan
BSc(Med) (Hons I) MBBS (Hons I) FRANZCOG MRMed CREI
- Fertility & IVF (CREI)
- Advanced Laparoscopy
- Robotic Surgery
- Reproductive Endocrinology
A/Professor Warren Chan understands the fertility challenges that can affect every aspect of your life. That is why he takes the time to listen to you and understand your individual situation. He understands how stressful IVF treatments can be, so he is passionate about working with you while using the latest in evidence-based technologies to achieve the best possible outcome.
A few interesting facts about A/Professor Warren Chan:
- He is a leading Fertility Specialist who holds a Certificate in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (CREI), the highest recognised qualification for Fertility Specialists in Australia
- He is also a Specialist in Advanced Gynaecological Surgery who holds the highest level of surgical accreditation (RANZCOG Level 6) with a special interest in Endometriosis
- These double qualifications in both the medical and surgical aspects of fertility care allows him to individualize the most effective fertility solutions for each couple
- He provides Fertility services as a Consultant Fertility & IVF Specialist at:
- He performs his Advanced Gynaecological Surgery at:
Fully private options such as Monash IVF will ensure A/Professor Chan can offer the most personalised care. A full and comprehensive suite of advanced fertility services is available with A/Professor Chan offering world-class scientific and clinical care. A/Professor Chan is personally available to conduct your IVF cycle with procedures performed by fully qualified CREI Specialists.
Semi-private and public options such as Westmead Fertility Centre allows A/Professor Chan to assess and plan your IVF treatment. Monitoring and IVF procedures are primarily performed by A/Professor Chan’s team with A/Professor Chan being contactable for expert advice when required.
Speak to A/Professor Warren Chan to discuss how he can tailor a complete approach to both medical & surgical aspects of infertility.
The Person Behind the Doctor:
Outside of work commitments, Warren spends a lot of his time outdoors. He is a keen footballer, being involved at state and national levels as a junior footballer. He also enjoys cycling, swimming and taekwondo.
- Fertility & IVF – comprehensive treatment options including In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) & Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) & Screening (PGS), Ovulation Induction (OI)/Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI), Donor Eggs & Sperm, Surrogacy, Fertility Preservation & Male Infertility
- Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery – including Endometriosis, Hysterectomy, Fibroids, Ovarian Cysts & Tubal Surgery (including Tubal Reversals)
- Gynaecology – including Pelvic Pain, Abnormal Menstrual Bleeding & Colposcopy (for Cervical Screening abnormalities)
- Reproductive Endocrinology – including Recurrent Miscarriage, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome & Ovulation Disorders
- Public VMO appointment at Westmead Hospital – A/Professor Chan leads Westmead Hospital’s Advanced Gynaecological Surgery & Fertility Clinics where he also performs operations & IVF procedures
- Remains heavily involved in research and the education of junior doctors and medical students where he holds an Associate Professor position at the School of Medicine, Western Sydney University
What do Warren’s Qualifications Mean?
Certificate of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (CREI) – This is a Specialist qualification in Fertility & IVF, the highest recognised qualification for Fertility Specialists in Australia. Only approximately 80 specialists in Australia & New Zealand hold this qualification. It involves an extra 3 years of intense training (in addition to FRANZCOG) at specialised centres, providing Warren with the advanced skills and knowledge to provide a complete approach as a Fertility Specialist.
Masters of Reproductive Medicine (MRMed) – This is a 2 year post-graduate university degree, providing additional theoretical knowledge in addition to specialist qualifications.
Fellowship Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG) – This is a 6 year specialist training qualification, allowing Warren to practice as a specialist Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. Warren completed most of his specialist training at Westmead Hospital and has completed further Fellowships in Advanced Gynaecological Surgery.
Bachelor Science (Medicine), Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – Class I Honours [BSc(Med) (Hons I) MBBS (Hons I)] – Warren obtained his 6 year undergraduate degree from UNSW with first class honours, an award given to approximately the top 5% of the graduating year. Warren’s medical career began after achieving first place in his Higher School Certificate whilst attending James Ruse Agricultural High School.