Specialist Gynaecological Surgeon
Dr Yogesh Nikam
Dr Yogesh Nikam
MBBS FRANZCOG DipAdvEndoSurg DipGynSurg MS(ObGyn)
- Advanced Laparoscopy
- Robotic Surgery
Dr Yogesh A Nikam understands that no woman’s body or experiences are the same, which is why he is passionate about offering you a high quality service and the time it takes to find the best solution for your body.
He is highly specialised in providing a holistic approach to women’s pelvic health, offering a number of innovative surgical and non-surgical techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic pain, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, fibroids, urinary incontinence and pelvic floor disorders.
- Specialist Gynaecologist providing comprehensive care in women’s health combined with a unique skill set in Advanced Laparoscopy, Robotic Assisted Surgery & Uro-Gynaecological Surgery. He is also a Specialist in Advanced Gynaecological Surgery who holds the highest level of surgical accreditation (RANZCOG Level 6) with a special interest in Endometriosis
- Global experience from renowned institutions in Australia, Germany, Singapore and India
- Provides consultations and performs Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopy & Robotic Surgery at
- Visiting Medical Officer ( VMO ) – Provides out-patient Consultation and Endosurgery service at
Speak to Dr Nikam to discuss your health concerns and how he can individualise your treatment to ensure you receive the best possible outcome.
The Person Behind the Doctor
Outside of work commitments, Yogesh enjoys being the family man and spends time with his wife and two children. He is a photography enthusiast and loves his time behind the lens. He also enjoys cooking, listening to audiobooks and cycling.
- Gynaecology – Pelvic pain, Heavy uterine bleeding, ovarian cysts, Colposcopy ( Pap smear Abnormalities)
- Pelvic Pain – Endometriosis – Medical and surgical treatment for Endometriosis related pain and subfertility.
- Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopy & Robotic Surgery – including Hysterectomy, Endometriosis excision, Fibroid removal, repairs for recurrent prolapse
- Urogynaecology – Uterine & Vaginal Prolapse and Urinary incontinence
- Member of Sydney West Advanced Pelvic Surgery and a RANZCOG supervisor – involved with Fellowship training and research
- Has published in multiple international journals and a textbook and is academically involved in the education of junior doctors and medical students in his role as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Sydney and University of Western Sydney
- Public VMO appointment at Westmead & Blacktown Hospital – Dr Nikam consults and performs operations
What do Yogesh’s qualifications mean?
Fellowship Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG) – This is a specialist training qualification, allowing Yogesh to practice as a specialist Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. Yogesh completed specialist training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Westmead & Blacktown Hospitals, before completing further Fellowships in Advanced Gynaecological Surgery.
Syndey West Advanced Pelvic Surgery Fellowship, Australia. Diploma in Reproductive Medicine & Advanced Endoscopic Surgery,Germany. Clinical Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Singapore, and Diploma in Gynaecological Endoscopy, BEAMS, India – These are Sub-specialist qualifications in Gynaecological & Laparoscopic Surgery at pioneering institutes in Australia and around the world. This represents a combined period of 4 years where Yogesh learned and honed his surgical techniques in Gynaecological & Laparoscopic surgery to achieve his advanced skill set and knowledge. His global exposure ensures that his patients will get the best available treatment.
Master of Surgery(Obstetrics & Gynaecology) – This is a specialist training qualification that credentials Yogesh as a specialist in India. It is an intense 3-year specialist resident program in Obstetrics and Gynaecology which Yogesh completed in a high volume hospital (approximately 10,000 – 12,000 deliveries per year).
Bachelor Science (Medicine), Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – Yogesh obtained his undergraduate degree in Medicine from Pune University, India where he ranked 1st in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in his medical college and 2nd in the state university.